Register for two or more courses and receive a $50 discount for all courses after the first!
Sunday K-12 Classes Only
Referral Credit- $25! Email us to get a $25 referral coupon for you and the referral family!
Discount only applies to the Sunday Program Classes
In order to receive the discount you must register for all courses at the same time.
Policies and Procedures (August 2021)
Chinese Language School of Connecticut
P.O. Box 515, Riverside, CT 06878-0515
Our Policies and Procedures Guidelines have been created to help parents and administrators maintain a safe and positive learning environment for students of the Chinese Language School of Connecticut.
Student drop off:
Please use the front entrance of the school as marked, and take your child to the classroom directly. Enter the classroom ONLY when the teacher is present; otherwise, please wait in the hallway quietly. Please come to school on time. It’s disruptive to the class when you come late.
Student pick up:
For the safety of your child, he/she will remain in the classroom until he/she is picked up by you (his/her parent) or guardian. Please make sure your child understands that he/she should not wander in the hallway or outside of the school. If special arrangements must be made, please contact the CLSC Administrative Team.
Early pick up:
If your child needs to be picked up before dismissal time, please provide your child with a note to be given to the teacher at the beginning of class, and please pick your child up at his/her classroom at the appointed time.
CLSC has set forth and will enforce the policies & procedures to ensure the safety of all students, students’ personal property, and that of the school property.
- Students are expected to treat all others with respect and civility at all times.
- Please ask your child not to disrupt anything in the classrooms that do not belong to them.
- Students are expected to speak quietly and walk in the hallway. No running or yelling.
- No food or beverage is allowed at school, except in the front lobby. (Nut Free Snacks Only- please help us keep all students safe.)
- Defacement of school property will not be tolerated. Students may not mark furniture surfaces in any way.
- Students are expected to follow instructions of teachers, complete school work and homework on time and not be disruptive in class.
- Students are expected to attend class regularly and notify teachers in case of absence.
Students who violate these policies will face consequences of disciplinary actions, such as removal from the classroom or the school. Students and their parents are responsible for any damage to school property, and will be billed should such damage occur. In situations where repeat infractions or serious offenses are committed, parent(s) of the offender(s) will be notified immediately. Suspension of the student(s) may result, after a hearing takes place between the school administrators, the students and their parents.
Serious Offences include the following:
- Fighting or deliberately hurting another child or staff member
- Using obscene/profane language or gestures
- Harassing and/ or bullying behaviors
- Stealing or willfully destroying school or other person’s property.
- Disrespect of a staff member or challenging a staff members’ authority.
- Any possession of a dangerous weapon, drugs, alcohol, smoking, or drug-related materials.
Student Illness & sick days:
In the event that your child is running a fever, or is sneezing or coughing, please refrain from bringing him or her to school until the symptoms have stopped, and the child's temperature has returned to normal for at least 24 hours. Please contact your child's teacher by phone or via e-mail to let him/her know that your child will be absent.
In the case of inclement weather resulting in school closure, we will send out an email to our Parents List. We will also leave a message on the CLSC's voicemail (866-301-4906) by 9AM informing callers that the school is closed.
Emergency Contact information: Please submit the most recent emergency/contact information for each student.
Comments: We welcome every parent's feedback on the Chinese Language School of Connecticut! Please feel free to call your child’s teacher, email CLSC administrators at email@example.com, or fill in the Google form here to contact the Board, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLSC Emergency Phone Number: If for any reason you are away from the building and must contact the school personnel during class hours, please email us first at info@ChineseLanguageSchool.org, then leave a message at 866-301-4906.
The Chinese Language School of Connecticut is accredited by Cognia.
School of Connecticut (CLSC) is a not-for-profit 501 (C) (3) tax exempt organization
The Chinese Language School of Connecticut is accredited by AdvancED.
Powered By Web4Ed
The Chinese Language School of Connecticut © 2022